Sunday, October 22, 2017

Monday Mural: Aztec echos

Found in East Oakland, I think this mural's abstract quality has roots in Aztec iconography.  I've seen circles and scrolls like these on codex drawings in Mexico.  The chrysanthemums remind me of flowers on the Days of the Dead ofrendas.  Painted by Corazon and Chamuco.  I find the shades of gray with a touch of color very pleasing but it may not be to everyone's taste.

Welcome to Monday Mural. If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you; just follow the Linky steps below.  You decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to your mural finds posted this week.  Google+ users, please configure your post so we all can leave a comment.  Thanks.

“ Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”  Rev. John Watson

15 comments:

  1. ...interesting how it has just a touch of red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the flowers, especially, the one with the red outline. I'm glad you gave an explanation as without that it wouldn't have meant much to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Una grisalla fantástica, muy al modo arquitectónico del siglo XIV europeo
    Salud2 :)´

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it...it almost has a steampunk look about it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting details. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you commented on Greensboro Daily Photo. It is my understanding that there isn't a direct link and it isn't easy. I don't really have the technology skill to figure it out. Now I know where I can come to join Mural Monday! The mural craze has hit Greensboro! We used not to have any, now they are everywhere.

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  8. The b&w with the slightest touch of colour are so dynamic ODP, this is a beauty and I've just realised that I haven't linked yet, the time difference plays havoc 😀

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderfully post
    keep postings like this
    Ring Doorbell, without a doubt, provides you with a smart and seamless home security experience. It's important to be aware of the limitations of the Google Home smart speaker when adding Ring Doorbell to it. Before you can move on to the next level, you must first add a Ring Doorbell to Google Home. So, have you managed to connect both of these devices? Don't worry; this blog will walk you through the steps to set up Ring Doorbell with Home and then its application for users.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Bellen Google Nederland.

    ReplyDelete